I finally had the chance to get some hours in on this wedding portrait. I have never painted a stone house before, so this was definitely new territory. Initially I had planned to use some new watercolor pencils for the stone. But as I studied the mansion, I decided to use a masking fluid approach instead. Below is a picture of how I applied the masking fluid, and then did multiple washes to get the different colored stones.
After peeling off the fluid, I added more detail to the mansion and foliage.
Still a long way to go, but I have DEFINITELY made some progress!
Stay tuned and have a great evening!