Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Update on Wedding Portrait Commission

 
 
I finally had the chance to get some hours in on this wedding portrait.  I have never painted a stone house before, so this was definitely new territory.  Initially I had planned to use some new watercolor pencils for the stone.  But as I studied the mansion, I decided to use a masking fluid approach instead.  Below is a picture of how I applied the masking fluid, and then did multiple washes to get the different colored stones.
 
 
After peeling off the fluid, I added more detail to the mansion and foliage.

 
Still a long way to go, but I have DEFINITELY made some progress!

 
Stay tuned and have a great evening!
 
 
 
                  ~Jen


1 comment:

  1. La texture d'une pierre est toujours difficile à réaliser en aquarelle.
    On peut parfois utiliser une éponge, mais ça manque souvent de précision.
    Je pense que vous avez choisi la meilleure solution.
    Amitiés.

    ReplyDelete